Friday, June 27, 2008

Camp



Holy cow I survived high school camp: 5 days of praise and worship, awesome teaching, and just plain craziness. FRC student ministry joined forces with StudentLife for high school camp at Stetson University in Deland (up by Daytona). Lives of many students were touched as well as the leaders.
I only had 3 students from Doral go, but I quickly connected with many other students from Cooper. It was great to hang out with our new Global Student Pastor, Scot Mendlehall, and with the student pastors from Sawgrass, Jesse Acosta and Hallandale, Eric Howard.
On a crazy note Pastor Scot challenged our whole FRC group of students to all jump rope continuously without stopping. One would go then the next person had to jump in and go etc.
It took 3 days for all 92 students to accomplish this mission. What a cool exercise in team building!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetheart, I'm glad you had a blessed week. I'm sure it reminded you of TBI,a wonderful experience as you witnessed our Awesome God touch young lives. I am so very proud of you mijo. Los extrano y los quiero mucho. Besitos y abrazos a mis preciosos nietos.
Love,
Mom

Jesse Acosta said...

bro thanks for helping me out with my stuff that week.. as i walked around on crutches every day lol... cool meeting you bro..

God bless,