Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Eddie



I wanted to share what my wife wrote in her blog about the loss of my friend Eddie.
Today our dear friend Eddie went to be with our Heavenly father. He was only 24 married to a wonderful woman, Danette and had his whole life set before Him. But the Lord had other plans for His life. We here on earth don't understand the loss of someone so young, but we will some day know the answer when we meet up with Eddie in Heaven.
Our hearts hurt because of his death and break for the pain the family is going through. Our peace comes from knowing that Eddie is now in Heaven with our Savior. He no longer has to fight the cancer that ravaged his body.

When my mom called me this morning to tell me that today would probably Eddie's last day, I started searching my heart and my soul for words of comfort from the scripture. I kept thinking of Psalms 23 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

It's days like these that make me want to hold and hug my children forever. It also brings me back to the moment I almost lost my husband in the car accident. I can only begin to comprehend the pain that Eddie's family is going through. Today hug your family and friends and tell them how much you love them. Make every moment count. Most importantly make sure you are ready to meet the Lord.

No comments: